XBox 360 Universe Straight from the source
  • Grand Theft Auto V Tops 80 Million Units Sold

    0
    scissors
    May 23rd, 2017GamespotUncategorized

    Publisher Take-Two has revealed sales for Grand Theft Auto V have surpassed 80 million units. 75 percent of the sales are physical, while the other 25 percent are digital. The game is one of the best-selling games of all time. 

    "The title continues to attract and delight new audiences, especially as the installed base of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One expands further," said Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick.


    "What's driving this is that consumers love this title and want more of it," he added.

    It is not just Grand Theft Auto V that is performing well. Mafia III has sold more than five million units, Civilization VI has sold nearly two million units. The Civilization franchise has sold more than 40 million units worldwide.

    Thanks MCVUK.

    A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at wdangelo@vgchartz.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.

    Full Article - http://www.vgchartz.com/article/268226/grand-theft-auto-v-tops-80-million-units-sold/